Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Participant

My ride challenge started on my annual March vacation to the Florida keys after a Bun Burner Gold to Sugarloaf key, so my mileage is pretty high to start with. My phone was destroyed near Orlando so I Lost my photos of my first two National Parks.

First stop was Everglades National Park. 1739 miles.

Participant

My second National Park was Biscayne National Park. I missed the light house, but all my photos are missing for now anyway. 1757 miles.

Participant

After getting my phone replaced I made it back to the coast and picked up Canaveral National Seashore. There is a user few so I picked up a National Parks annual pass for $85. Not much parking at the user areas so you can see vast areas of undisturbed beach.  There is a visitors Center and another historic site to get my passport stamp. I walked into the site of the Eldora House though I could have ridden as there is limited parking for fishermen.  Mileage 2153.

Participant

Fort Frederica Georgia, beautiful town, elderly drivers, lots of historic churches. Closed.  Mileage 2353.

Keymaster

Well done Michael.

Participant
    • After Fort Frederica I continued my journey across the mud flats of Georgia to Tybee Island (Home of the IBMWR Low Country Boil).

Just off Tybee Island is Fort Pulaski National Monument. Mileage 2468.

Participant

6. After a night riding across the Low Country of SC I hoteled it in Columbia SC to get an early start toward Cowpens National Battlefield. When in the south… I was quite surprised this to be an American Revolutionary War  battlefield.  Mileage 2744.

Participant

7. Carl Sandburg National Historic Site. Not much parking,  long walk, though they have small electric vehicles for handicapped accessibility.  Mileage 2835.

Participant

8. Blue Ridge Parkway always a fun ride. My third time here the Smokies keep calling me back. Mileage 2872.

Participant

9. Smokies Oconoluftee National Park. One of my favorites.  Mileage 2929.

Participant

10. After 4 days of March Moto Madness, back on the bike with a broken windscreen.  Late start lots of volunteering needed some, stacking on 850 miles today with the weather getting ready to fall apart.

Chickamuanga and Chattanooga National Military Park.  Mileage 3206.

Participant

11. Russell Cave National Monument.  I live in the cave state so I opted out of the cave for now. Going back next spring to do the self guided tour with the wife. Interestingly somewhere in the parking lot is the timezone line so the park only stays open til 4:30, but it’s Central Time so it’s like being open a half hour late. The cave is continually being excavated and has set the baseline for archaeology of indigenous people. Mileage 3250.

Back home, windscreen held up by my Yeti-cup, mileage 3951.

<p style=”text-align: right;”></p>

Keymaster

Looks like another qualifier.

Keymaster

Awesome stuff Michael! Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.