Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

I know some of you never have gotten a flat on your motorcycle and I hope you never will.  I, on the other hand, get them regularly so when BMW MOA offered a Platinum Roadside Plan that included tire replacement I jumped at the opportunity.  For $79 which includes MOA membership it is a deal.

This weekend, while riding in Arkansas, I got another flat.  It was on my front tire.

IMG_2193

Luckily, I was able to plug it to get home however the tire should be replaced for safety reasons.   I started the tire claim today.  Beside replacing the tire the insurance will pay for mounting and balancing.  I plan to being it to Engels this week.

This is the third year I have been on the plan.  The first year they replaced 2 tires, last year 1 tire and now this.

More info from the website: Platinum Roadside Assistance & Tire Hazard Protection provides 100 miles of free towing, free flat service, free battery service and free fluid service. But that’s not all. For the first time ever in the motorcycle industry, our Platinum Roadside Assistance & Tire Hazard Protection provides for two tire replacements per year for unexpected damage – including labor! All this for up to three motorcycles regardless of brand!

http://www.bmwmoa.org/?page=roadside&hhSearchTerms=%22tire+and+repair%22

Keymaster

This tire repair was on Arkansas’ infamous Warloop Rd before heading down the gnarly part. In the middle of that mess, we came across 3 college guys crawling down in a newer 4WD pickup. We stopped to talk for a bit. Eddie was on his 1200GSA while I was on my F800GS. One of the guys said,

“Those are some badass bikes!”

Yes. Yes they are. 🙂

Participant

I went for the tire plan as well last year then again this year. Cheap roadside with tire insurance!

I haven’t had to replace a tire on the plan yet, but I suspect my day will come…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.